pseudohydrogen having nuclear charges of +4/3 and +2/3

Queries about input and output files, running specific calculations, etc.

Moderators: Global Moderator, Moderator

cvz5048

pseudohydrogen having nuclear charges of +4/3 and +2/3

#1 Post by cvz5048 » Thu May 30, 2013 6:47 pm

Dear all,

New hands on VASP here. Trying to work on TiO2 rutile (110) surface. Many literatures suggest to use pseudohydrogen having nuclear charge +4/3 and +2/3 to saturate the dangling bond on the other side of the slab. I don't know how to do that.

I am aware of that there are several POTCAR (H, H.5, H.75 etc)file available for Hydrogen atom coming with the VASP package, but my understanding is: those numbers (.5, .75) are for pseudo Hydrogen atoms with number of valance electron .5 and 0.75, Am I right? Am I sopposed to use any of these in my case? or there is other POTCAR file available for my purpose?

When I was googling this issue I found that someone suggest that the quantum expresso website may have pseudopotential for this type of pseudo hydrogen atom, but I can't find any and I don't know if that file (if they do exist) will work with VASP any way.

Any clue would be appreciated.

Thanks.
Last edited by cvz5048 on Thu May 30, 2013 6:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

support_vasp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: pseudohydrogen having nuclear charges of +4/3 and +2/3

#2 Post by support_vasp » Thu Sep 12, 2024 8:03 am

Hi,

We're sorry that we didn’t answer your question. This does not live up to the quality of support that we aim to provide. The team has since expanded. If we can still help with your problem, please ask again in a new post, linking to this one, and we will answer as quickly as possible.

Best wishes,

VASP