selective dynamics problem

Queries about input and output files, running specific calculations, etc.

Moderators: Global Moderator, Moderator

izumikonata

selective dynamics problem

#1 Post by izumikonata » Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:43 am

Hi,

I had a problem about mapping the energy landscape as a function of the distance of two specified atom, i.e, plotting the energy minimum vs. the distance as a order parameter. The way I firstly did it was simply freeze the those two atom and let everybody else relax as usual, but there's force remain on those two atoms which I'm not sure how to handle with. My understand is that in the ideal case, if very other atom finds their optimized position, the force left should be along the direction of the two atoms (let's call it a dimer), but in my case, the leftover force shows that the dimer wants to translate and rotate. So the energy I found is not the real minimum.

Can anybody help me out of this?
Last edited by izumikonata on Sat Aug 13, 2011 12:43 am, edited 1 time in total.

support_vasp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: selective dynamics problem

#2 Post by support_vasp » Wed Sep 11, 2024 2:43 pm

Hi,

We're sorry that we didn’t answer your question. This does not live up to the quality of support that we aim to provide. The team has since expanded. If we can still help with your problem, please ask again in a new post, linking to this one, and we will answer as quickly as possible.

Best wishes,

VASP