LDIPOL with GW0

Queries about input and output files, running specific calculations, etc.

Moderators: Global Moderator, Moderator

askhetan
License Nr.: 5-1441

LDIPOL with GW0

#1 Post by askhetan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:04 pm

Dear all,

I converged a slab calculation using the dipole correction in z direction using LDIPOL and IDIPOL (algo=Exact at EDIFF=1.0E10-8) and then ran the ScGW0 calculations using the input as:
ALGO = SCGW0
ENCUTGW = 150
NOMEGA = 72
ISMEAR = -5
ISPIN = 2
SIGMA = 0.01
KPAR = 5
NPAR = 18
NBANDS = 108
LREAL = False
MAXMEM = 13500
NELM = 4

Next, I introduced in the the same INCAR for the ScGW0 calculations, the two variables for dipole correction, and ran the calculations again:
IDIPOL = 3
LDIPOL = True

And the results that I get are very different. The HOMO level shifts down by more than 1.2 eV which is a huge value, as you can see here http://snag.gy/2BvqC.jpg. [the x axis is the iterations over G and the orange and green denote the cases without and with dipole correction during the ScGW0 method]

Is it the right way for doing ScGW0 calculations for slabs to introduce dipole correction in the ScGW0 part of the calculation or should I not do it ? Any insights are appreciated.

support_vasp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: LDIPOL with GW0

#2 Post by support_vasp » Thu Sep 12, 2024 7:20 am

Hi,

We're sorry that we didn’t answer your question. This does not live up to the quality of support that we aim to provide. The team has since expanded. If we can still help with your problem, please ask again in a new post, linking to this one, and we will answer as quickly as possible.

Best wishes,

VASP