surface [slab] with step

Queries about input and output files, running specific calculations, etc.

Moderators: Global Moderator, Moderator

vasp_user
License Nr.: 80+Upaw

surface [slab] with step

#1 Post by vasp_user » Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:34 pm

Hi,

I know one can go online and get good lattice vectors when they want to build a crystal with POSCAR. But does anyone know any good website or handbook that has the right translation vectors (and atomic coordinates) or good algorithms to use to be able to make a slab in POSCAR for a surface calculation? I want to be able to do any miller index surface (even high miller index) of any crystal (really I have in mind using a high miller index surface for a step and I don't want to reinvent the wheel by coming up with an algorithm to build a general slab for x atomic layers with whatever surface of interest... is there a resource for coming up with the coordinates of such things or do you just have to figure out the algebra and write a small script that will spit out the atomic coordinates for POSCAR?
Last edited by vasp_user on Thu Dec 03, 2009 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

support_vasp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: surface [slab] with step

#2 Post by support_vasp » Wed Sep 11, 2024 2:16 pm

Hi,

We're sorry that we didn’t answer your question. This does not live up to the quality of support that we aim to provide. The team has since expanded. If we can still help with your problem, please ask again in a new post, linking to this one, and we will answer as quickly as possible.

Best wishes,

VASP