PAW and Lattice Parameters

Queries about input and output files, running specific calculations, etc.

Moderators: Global Moderator, Moderator

tommy91779

PAW and Lattice Parameters

#1 Post by tommy91779 » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:15 am

Hello all,

I am a new VASP user and I have some question concerning the PAW pseudopotentials, especially in regard to II-VI semiconductors. I have recently migrated to your code from a different code and began by considering some bulk clusters that I am familiar with from previous studies. For reference, my previous code used a local orbital basis, with norm conserving pseudopotentials. In my old code, I was able to obtain very accurate bulk lattice parameters and other structural properties of CdSe. Unfortunately in VASP, I did not achieve comparable accuracy with respect to experiment. I was generally of the belief that PAW method was "better" at describing the valency than other pseudopotentials available. I was wondering if anyone can lend some insight into this issue? Has anyone been able to achieve very accurate CdSe lattice parameters using VASP?

Thank you in advance and I eagerly await your response,

ES
Last edited by tommy91779 on Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

support_vasp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: PAW and Lattice Parameters

#2 Post by support_vasp » Wed Sep 11, 2024 1:44 pm

Hi,

We're sorry that we didn’t answer your question. This does not live up to the quality of support that we aim to provide. The team has since expanded. If we can still help with your problem, please ask again in a new post, linking to this one, and we will answer as quickly as possible.

Best wishes,

VASP