Negatively charged slab adsorbate system - is it a problem?

Queries about input and output files, running specific calculations, etc.

Moderators: Global Moderator, Moderator

kp

Negatively charged slab adsorbate system - is it a problem?

#1 Post by kp » Sun May 21, 2006 11:06 pm

I am investigating the adsorption of a negatively charged molecule on an insulating surface slab (slab is neutral). Basically, I am interested in the various adsorption geometries (i.e. bond distances and angles) for energy minimized configurations.

I am aware that dipole and quadrupole corrections are possible, but that they may significantly reduce convergence speed. My question is very simply, are the adsorption geometries substantially affected by optimizing a charged systems and do I need to be concerned with dipole/quadrupole corrections?

Or, may I simply energy minimize the system, extract the information I need and be on my way?

If I need to set the IDIPOL tag to 1, 2, or 3, which value should I choose to correspond to a particular lattice vector (I'm assuming the lattice vector normal to the surface?)?
Last edited by kp on Sun May 21, 2006 11:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

support_vasp
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Negatively charged slab adsorbate system - is it a problem?

#2 Post by support_vasp » Wed Sep 11, 2024 1:28 pm

Hi,

We're sorry that we didn’t answer your question. This does not live up to the quality of support that we aim to provide. The team has since expanded. If we can still help with your problem, please ask again in a new post, linking to this one, and we will answer as quickly as possible.

Best wishes,

VASP